[SOLVED] Core Competencies and Scope of Practice in Nursing Informatics
The continued integration of information technology within the nursing profession is resulting in the development of nursing informatics as a distinct specialty. As with other specialty areas, nursing informatics has unique foundational documents, concepts, competencies, and functions. How might information technology competencies pertain to your professional practice?
This week focuses on the core competencies and scope and standards of practice in nursing informatics. If you are not specializing in nursing informatics, some functional areas will be more relevant to your professional role than others. Therefore, this week you will analyze the key functional areas of nursing informatics and consider competencies that would be useful in your professional role. In add
- Analyze the key functional areas of nursing informatics
- Formulate a personal plan to improve health information technology competencies appropriate for your professional role
- Assess how information technology skills can improve nursing practice
ition, you assess how information technology skills can improve nursing practice.
American Nurses Association. (2015). Nursing informatics: Scope & standards of practice (2nd ed.). Silver Springs, MD: Author.
- “Functional Areas for Nursing Informatics”This chapter describes the key functional areas of nursing informatics. It also clarifies the roles of informatics nurse specialists and informatics nurses.
McGonigle, D., & Mastrian, K. G. (2015). Nursing informatics and the foundation of knowledge (3rd ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones and Bartlett Learning.
- Chapter 7, “Informatics Roles
1 1/2 pages, 3 references, APA.
RECOMMENDED: [SOLVED] Nursing Informatics Presentation