[SOLVED] 1.What are the different types of nonverbal communication?
The Seminar in Unit 5 focuses on the types and principles of nonverbal communication and how it can affect understanding of the message.
Please come to Seminar prepared to discuss the following:
- What are the different types of nonverbal communication?
- What are the principles of nonverbal communication, and why are they important to understanding?
- After completing the Reading, are there any nonverbal cues that you had not thought of before? How about dress, ornamentation, furniture, use of color, space, decorative style?
- Are all nonverbal cues (such as emoticons, bold type, underlining, writing in all capitals) appropriate for all electronic communication? Why or why not?
- Since the goal of all communication is to share meaningful messages, how can you be sure your intended messages get across in electronic settings such as your classroom?
- What do nonverbal cues such as typos, grammar, errors, and poor editing “say” about the writer?
- When verbal and nonverbal communication contradict each other in a message, which do you believe? Why?
To earn Seminar credit for this unit, complete one of the following options:
Option 1: Participate in a synchronous Seminar discussion. You are strongly encouraged to fulfill your Seminar requirement through this option if possible. Many students find the Seminar very helpful because the instructor will clarify information and your classmates may pose questions that you also have about the material.
Option 2: Complete the Option 2 alternative assignment by answering the Seminar topics. Your responses should be composed in complete sentences and paragraphs and be 300–400 words in length. You should create your Seminar responses in MS Word, making sure to follow APA format and cite all references used. Save your answers and submit them to the Unit 5: Seminar Dropbox. The Dropbox is located at the top of this class on the blue toolbar.
Be sure to complete all questions to earn your Seminar points. You are also strongly encouraged to review the Seminar transcript to gain the full educational benefit intended
RECOMMENDED: [SOLVED] Non Verbal Communication Book Review