[SOLVED] Integrating Technology in the EFL Classroom
Submit a 3750 words paper on the topic Intigrating technology in the EFL classroom. Report indicates that about 70% of education funding in Israel comes from the central government while the remaining 30% comes from cities and other sources. This was in a show of the governments commitment to educating its people to be literate for prosperity and development. So far, Israel has been registering an increase in the number of students enrolling for classes at different levels. Latest report indicates that Israel has about 1.8 million students from pre-school to high school level (Newman, 2012). This is an indication of the countrys commitment to high literacy level. This number also continues to increase as the population continues to grow. Even though teaching Israelis to be literate is a key priority of the Netanyahu administration, it is also the most challenging area in the countrys education system. This is attributable to the changing nature of the classroom. Research indicates that the classroom environment has undergone radical changes in the 21st century (Cordova and Lepper, 1996). For instance, Israel has experienced an influx of immigrants from immigrants in the country from all over the world. This has resulted in an increase of a large number of people in the country who are not able to speak or write the English language, which is the countrys national language. The fact that a large population of the country cannot speak, read, or writes the English language is posing a huge challenge to teachers in the country. It is an acknowledgeable fact that becoming proficient in a foreign language is very difficult and can be daunting. As a result, a large number of people in the country who do not understand the English language normally find it difficult learning a new language since the English language is new to them (Jonassen, 2000). Therefore, in order for such students to learn and become proficient in the English language, they must be supported as much as possible. Teachers who have had the opportunity to teach students learning English as their second language understand that such students require language support for their language acquisition. To say that students learning English as their second language have attained the level of proficiency required, they must be able, not only to hear and write the English language, but to speak and read the English language well. However mush this might be a daunting task. we strongly believe that integrating technology such as the use of computers can play a crucial part in increasing a students grades in the English language. This discourse examines how the integration of computer-assisted instruction (CAI) can be an important tool for teaching new learners of English language. In addition, the paper will explore the gains that have resulted from the use of computer-assisted instruction in teaching the English language to new learners. Literature Review Verbal Interaction Interaction between new English language learners and those who are proficient in English language is key in promoting proficiency in English language.
Haven’t found relevant content or pressed for time? –Don’t worry, you have a team of Information Systems professionals to help you.
All you need to do is fill in the order form in the upper right corner and upload the files that are crucial for your assignment. Also, don’t forget to specify whether your assignment has to be based upon specific research, theory, method, or program. After that, we will assign the most suitable expert to complete your assignment. You can always chat with your expert and ask any questions you have during the working process.